Wednesday, January 19

A royal wedding of sorts


No, not that one.  When I got married in 2009, I moved from my apartment in Atlanta into my husband's house in Gainesville.  We both wished that we could have picked a new house together and started from scratch.  But times being what they were/are, there was no way to sell it, so we had no choice but to stay put.  Slowly (but surely!), I have added what I affectionately call "Royal Tenenbaum" elements around the house.  I haven't been able to get him agree to pink walls or zebra wallpaper - yet - but I've been able to sneak in a few sconces, some requisite antlers, a trophy (that I didn't win), a couple of flea market paintings, and even a Cameroon juju hat. So far so good. Fingers crossed.  

2 comments:

  1. i applaud you for pushing for pink walls, and high five barry for vetoing zebra wallpaper-hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I think the zebras are kind of cool? But REALLY love the banana leaf wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete