Monday, January 17

An Object of Beauty

This book had been on my short list for a while, and when the snow came, it seemed like the perfect time to read it.  It follows several characters in the NYC art world from the early '90s to almost present day.  I give it a thumbs up, not just for the color plates inside (I'm a visual girl who needs to see things, not just read about them), but also because the two main characters are art history majors at Davidson College, my alma mater. I had heard that Steve M. had recently married a Davidson graduate - what a great shout out.
Photo from http://www.marctetro.com/

2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you for recommending a book! I've been out the reading groove lately, but I just bought one today called "building a house with my husband" by Rachel Simon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! I think you'll enjoy this one. Also recommend "The Widower's Tale."

    ReplyDelete