Saturday, January 15

Hearts for a Spade

Andy Spade
While I love me some Kate and think David is hilarious, my heart belongs to Andy Spade.  Maybe surprising since he is definitely not a "refaire" kind of guy; he is visionary of the highest degree.  The type of idea person I wish I could be when I grow up.  I've quietly stalked him over the years, collecting a number of the books he published for Kate Spade and now at Partners & Spade.  My friend Ben introduced me to the PBS special "The Persuaders," which featured a segment on Andy's work as a brand consultant to Song.  I am sad that the airline concept didn't fly (sorry, couldn't resist) because it was such an interesting marketing and branding project. Take a few minutes and watch Andy Spade in "The Persuaders".  If I ever win the lottery, top on my list is to come up with a project where I can hire Andy to just dream.

Photo via http://www.acontinuouslean.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment