Saturday, January 22

Ro-who?


I may miss the bright lights of a big city, but I am finding out that there are definitely benefits to living in a small town.  Flash back to the night before the Rodarte for Target launch in late 2009.  The fashionistas predicted that both online and bricks and mortar stores would sell out of this stock in seconds flat, so this nut job set her alarm for six a.m. on the Saturday of the launch, thinking I would strike from my keyboard while all of NYC was just crawling into bed.  Not so much. So, I took a chance and drove to my local Target.  Since it was already ten a.m., I was not optimistic.  After walking around the store several times, with no signs of Rodarte to be found, I asked a lady in red if the line had already sold out. "RO-WHO?," she responded.  Once I explained what I was looking for, she told me that indeed there were several racks of fancy clothes in the back that had yet to be rolled out. "Do you want to take a look?" Did I ever.  She went into the stockroom and rolled out racks of black bow dresses, bright pink tulle skirts, French sailor striped tops, and kimono-print raincoats.  I think I just may like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment